Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cardboard Collage


Sorry I've been gone for a while...I'm having a really hard time getting online at home---problem ISP, so getting my posts done has been a challenge, but here I am!!

I have made collages since I was in elementary school and always loved the "instant art" appeal that cutting and gluing magazine pictures had.  I forgot about this lovely artform until recent years when I began doing SoulCollage.  Making these small collage cards immediately rekindled my love for this freeform type of creating, and I began creating spontaneous collages.

After being given some pictures and fancy papers, I “threw” together a collage using these gifts and papers from my own stash.   I pulled out a piece of plain old brown cardboard one day and started gluing.  The collage was so much fun, it literally made itself!  Since I’m a copper wire and bead fanatic, I just had to trim the collage with these.

Here’s my collage called, “Be Naked More,” in honor of the central picture that a friend gave me.


 And here’s a closeup of the graphics, wire and beadwork.

 

 
What fun, huh??

Till next time,

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment