Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm on a Roll!


Well, after my first cardboard collage, I just had to make another one--especially since I’d been learning how to make interesting and colorful decorated papers to use in various art projects.

Once again, I pulled out an odd shaped piece of plain, brown cardboard and started gluing hand-dyed tissue onto it.  I dabbed on some paint to complete the first layer of the background.  I then cut up some stiff, decorated papers I’d made and created the flowers, stalks and leaves.  After gluing all the pieces onto the cardboard, I then had fun using both black and white pens to add subtle details.

Here’s the result….

 

I based this collage around one of my favorite quotes by author, Anais Nin…”And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”.

As always, I had to finish the collage off with some copper wire and beads.  Here’s a closeup of the finished product…

 

Give a collage a try…you’ll love it!

Ciao for now,

Deborah

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment