Monday, January 21, 2013

Time for the Goddess


Some years ago I discovered wonderful papier mache women’s busts, covered with brown paper---just ready for embellishment.  Since I’d never worked with anything like that before, I cautiously bought a smaller-sized bust--about 9” tall.

Taking a walk on the wild side, I decided to cut her open (ouch!) so that I could also work on the inside---kind of like a secret compartment.  I covered the outside with different lovely papers from my stash and added some Lumiere paints to give a bit of a glow.

As always, I had to add wire and beads so that she would feel complete.  Here’s the finished product…



Here’s where she opens up.  The hook over her left breast is held in place by a metal and bead “key” that I made, to keep her closed.


And here’s a close up of the inside…..


What fun, huh??

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment